Are you ready for a challenge?
Working at Heart of the Family might be a little different than you are used to! As a 24/7 Child Care center we have some challenges that other daycare centers do not… but we also have some amazing benefits as well!
To be a successful member of the Heart team you need to be a self-starter, courageous, have a great sense of humor and be very comfortable with change. At Heart we are a team with everyone working together to achieve the same goal: an amazing, educational, fun and safe place for parents in our community to send their children.
We serve our community by enabling more parents to work and better support their families.
The ideal candidates should possess the following:
- College diploma in the human services field, specifically: Early Childhood Education (ECE), Educational Assistant (EA), etc. preferred.
- Related training in the area of children with special needs and/or Under 3 Training.
- Minimum 2 years with integrated groups of preschool aged children.
- Demonstrated competency in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages – English or French.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, vulnerable sector screening
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance regulations and appropriate legislation.
- First Aid certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of energy.
- High levels of patience.
- Genuinely committed to helping children learn.
- A broad knowledge of child development and teaching methods.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability and willingness to perform required physical tasks.
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners.
- High level of attention to confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, etc.
- Willing to participate in ongoing learning.